Transferring to TOPS
Entering 9th grade students should notify their home school district that they are attending TOPS.
For students who will be in 10th, 11th, and 12th grade, a transfer request will be sent to your home school after we have accepted you.
Do not notify your school district that you are leaving until you have been officially accepted to attend TOPS.
Transferring from tops
Note that until the student is officially withdrawn from TOPS the student will be required to complete all work or will be counted absent which could result in truancy charges being filed.
Students who are transferring from TOPS to another school must follow the following procedure:
- Notify the TOPS office that you are going to transfer.
- Go to the school where you are going to transfer and fill out their enrollment papers.
- The receiving school will then fax a records request to TOPS.
- TOPS will fax your records and a withdrawal form.
- Once you have completed the withdrawal form and return it to us with the school's proof of enrollment, we will then be able to remove you from our system.
- The receiving school will then be able to add you to their system.
Students who are transferring from TOPS to homeschool:
- Notify the TOPS office that you intend to homeschool your child.
- Go to the district office and file an intent to homeschool.
- Once the intent to homeschool is signed by both you and the district designee, fax the paper to the TOPS office.
- Once we receive the paperwork and notify you that it is in order, we will be able to remove the student from our system.